Here we briefly formulate the key points of the Olympiad.
Everybody can participate! To become a participant of the Olympiad it is necessary to register on the website nsucrypto.nsu.ru. There are no restrictions on status and age of participants. Participants from any country are welcome. During the registration, each participant needs to choose the right category:
- "school student" is for junior researchers: pupils and school students;
- "university student" is for BS and MS students;
- "professional" is for PhD students and for participants who have already completed education.
Rounds of the Olympiad. There are two independent the Internet rounds:
The First round (duration 4 hours 30 minutes) is individual and consists of two sections: A (for "school students") and B (for "university students" and "professionals"). The section will be chosen automatically according to your category. Theoretical problems in mathematics of cryptography are offered to participants.
The Second round (duration 1 week) is devoted to research and programming problems of cryptography solved in teams (up to three members). The second round is general for all participants.
Language of the Olympiad. All problems are given in English. Please note all solutions should be written in English.
Format of the solutions. We accept solutions in any electronic format (pdf, jpg, txt, docx, py, etc). For example, a participant is able to write his solutions on paper and send us a picture (please check that a picture is of a good quality). Solutions should have been written with all necessary details. Your can submit your files through your personal account.
Prizes. There are several categories of prizes:
- for school students — winners of section A of the First round;
- for university students — winners of section B of the First round;
- for participants in the category "professional" — winners of section B of the First round;
- for participants (for every category separately) — winners of the Second round;
- special prizes if one proposes a correct solution of a problem marked as "A problem for a special prize!".